August 29, 2005

A new way of looking at things...









All Kohanim share a few particular middos (character traits). The two most evident ones are Z'rizus (zealotry) and Ahava (love). Pinchas was the perfect example of Z'rizus and Aharon HaKohain was the embodiment of Ahava as he was called an "Ohaiv Shalom" (peace maker).

This weekend I had an epiphany... instead of looking at what divides the Jewish people and centering my thoughts on what people are doing wrong, I would like to focus my attention on Achdus (brotherhood) and Shalom.

"Kol Yisrael Areivim Ze L'zeh" All Jews are responsible for one another.

I thought: if the Beis HaMikdash was destroyed because of baseless hatred, perhaps we can merit its rebuilding if we show endless love for one another.

I am going to try to do this more and more. I call upon all my readers to try and do the same.

May Hashem see our efforts to reconcile with one another and bless us with the imminent coming of the Messiah.

FYI: I designed the above bumper sticker and am having copies made to distribute. Look for it around the LA area. If you are interested in having one email me at Judahhakohain(at)Yahoo(dot com) and I will see what I can do.

No comments: