October 07, 2007

My Dream During the 10 Days

I dreamed the following during the 10 Days of Repentance:

My wife had invited like 50 families over for Shabbos. I had no idea how we could or would feed everybody. She told me that many had canceled but showed up anyway. A woman, who I did not know, asked for a kiddush cup for her husband. I went to the sink and rinsed out my cos. The water splashed from inside the cup and some got on her face. It burned her like hot oil. She screamed. Somebody went and got her some ice.

Then suddenly I was sitting on a couch and one of the Rabbaim from the local Yeshiva (with whom I am not very familiar) sat on the other end.

He said: "Yehudah, I know you have had a bad year. I am going to tell you how you can fix it and have a better one this year. There are two things. First of all, you need to sing Ha-Motzei. The second is ______________."

The second thing was a personal matter that was he was incorrect about. I thought in my dream that he was wrong because I knew that the second thing he said was not true.

When I awoke, I told my wife the dream and she said: "Actually it is true" and explained that there were circumstances of which I had no idea that made what he said true. I got from this that the first message was emes and the second message was there to prove to me that this was not a nonsense dream.

No comments: