June 08, 2006

More dreams...

July 1988

I was standing in a palace and a wise, old man was sitting on a throne. I walked over to him after he beckoned for me to do so.
He said (while pointing to his forehead): "Do you have eyes here, Judah?"
"No." I answered.
"Do you have eyes here (while pointing to his hips)?"
"No." I replied
"Do you have eyes here (pointing to his heart)?"
"No."
"Well," he replied, "you should feel honored to have eyes that see the future and understand the messages of the L-rd."
I then woke up.

April 1995

I was sitting in a dismal, empty room at dusk when I looked upon the ground and saw a body wrapped in a tallis from head to toe. I started to weep, for I knew it was my own physical body.
I had died.
I went to the Talmidim of my old Yeshivah to find counsel. I asked what I should do. They said in a dry and superior manner: "Truly a shame. Go and dig a hole for it." I asked for help
but no one would assist.
I wept some more, for I knew I wasn't permitted to touch a dead body.
I went to the Rabbaim of my own Yeshivah to find counsel. They yelled at me: "What did you learn in Gemora concerning this?" "I don't remember," I replied. The Rav glared at me with contempt. "You didn't tell me how much you like the crease in my hat!" And with that, he walked away.
Again I wept, but regained my strength. I stood and declared: "This is not truth!"
A bachur walked by and told me to unwrap the tallis and look the dead one in the face.
I refused.
I picked it up, carried it on my shoulder and buried him in the ground.

Forever.

January 2002

On Shabbos I had the following dream:
I was standing in the rebuilt Beis Hamikdash in the Ezras Kohanim.
I was filled with a spirit of love and peace.
Crying, I dropped to the marble floor and prostrated myself before the Holy Paroches.
I bowed as I wept and thanked Hashem for rebuilding His house.
I stood up and behold, I saw a Torah scroll unrolled before me.
Another Kohain came over and asked me if I knew which parsha it was.
He pointed and said that it is Parshas V’Zos HaBrachoh and Parshas Bo.
I walked over to a shtender that was set up for prayers and saw a picture of the Rebbe sitting upon it.

[Interesting since I am straight up misnagdisch. I am neither Chabad or Chassidic]

No comments: